A traditional Jiu-Jitsu curriculum includes Strike Defense, Distance Management Skills, Basic Control from standing and ground positions, basic takedown and throwing abilities, takedown defenses and submission skills.
Here at Javier Vazquez Jiu Jitsu Rancho Cucamonga we make sure that all these elements are addressed. We follow the basic principles of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu from our Grand Master, Helio Gracie. Every technique follows each of these three basic principles: Energy Efficiency, Natural Body Movements and Street Applicability.
Whats the difference between Javier Vazquez Jiu-Jitsu and Sport Jiu-Jitsu?
The biggest difference between Sport Jiu-Jitsu and Javier Vazquez Jiu-Jitsu is that in Javier Vazquez Jiu-Jitsu we deal with an opponent that can throw or is throwing strikes at our head and body. We discuss the defensive mindset established over 90 years ago by our Grand Master, Helio Gracie. We focus on defense first and attack second. We focus on the principles or patience, energy efficiency and street applicability. You must be able to neutralize your opponent before you can attack and finish a fight.
Benefits of Javier Vazquez Jiu-Jitsu
The biggest benefits of our system of self defense is that it will give you the courage and confidence to deal with life’s most common face to face confrontational scenarios even if those confrontations become physical. Having the skills to know that you can defend yourself even against larger, stronger and heavier opponents will change your life forever!
What makes us different? It starts with our Experience.
Elite XC Veteran
Shooto Veteran (Japan)
21-5 Professional Fight Record
King of the Cage Hall of Famer
Former King of the Cage Lightweight World Champion
Former Gladiator Challenge World Champion
ADCC Trials Champion (2005)
An instructor in Jiu-Jitsu since 1999
4th Degree Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt
Black Belt under the Carlson Gracie Team since 2003
Co-Head Instructor at Millennia Jiu-Jitsu 1999-2003
Jiu-Jitsu Professor at Mt Sac College from 2004-2008
Head Professor at Showtime Jiu-Jitsu Academy 2004–2008
Head Professor at the Strike-Based Jiu-Jitsu Academy from 2011-2017
Head Professor JV Jiu-Jitsu Academy 2017-Present
Health and Nutrition
– Cancer Survivor Using the Gerson Therapy
– Enhancing the connection between your mind and your body using breathing and stretching techniques
– We have an enhanced understanding of how the body and mind work.
Our Curriculum – What is the Master Plan?
– The Master Plan is a complete martial arts system of self defense.
– 16 Grappling Chapters taught in a linear cycle.
– 1 Striking Chapter taught on Wednesdays.
– A complete system of hand to hand self defense.
The Curriculum is a Blend of:
– Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
– Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
– Collegiate Wrestling
– Western Boxing
– Dutch Kickboxing
– Strike-Based Jiu-Jitsu Philosophy
– Competition-Based Jiu-Jitsu Philosophy
– Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Philosophy
– Elevated Consciousness and Mindset
– Understand Positions Utilizing Feel
– Understand various types of Connection
– Elevated Body Awareness as well as increased levels of control
Remember to follow our academy’s #1 rule: DON’T GET HIT!!!!